The Pupil Premium is additional funding allocated to the school to support those children who are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM), Service Children and children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months. This will also include pupils eligible for FSM at any point in the last six years (known as the Ever 6 FSM measure).
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent, as they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils at their school. We up-date our records annually to make sure we have an accurate account of the school population. However, if your circumstances change please inform Mrs Coe or Mrs Bird in the school office.
It is important for all parents who have children eligible to release Pupil Premium funding to let the school office know so that we can ensure our information is accurate. In our school, we use part of our Pupil Premium allocation to support enrichment opportunities. This means that if you’ve registered your child as eligible for Pupil Premium with our school office, you can access reduced costs for places on our school clubs or one activity that your child may do outside of school. See our funded enrichment page for more information.
If you are in receipt of any of the following your child is eligible for free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income based jobseeker’s allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child tax credit, provided they are not entitled to working tax credit and have an annual income, as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- The guarantee element of state pension credit
- Employment support allowance
If you are unsure of whether or not you are entitled to free school meals, the school can check for you using the confidential Eligibility Checking Service. If you would like us to check for you please provide the information requested below.
- Claimant (i.e. parent) NI Number (or)
- NASS Reference (for asylum seekers)
- Claimant (i.e. parent) Date of Birth
- Claimant (i.e. parent) Legal Surname
Click on the document below to learn more about how we have used this funding to support rapid improvements in outcomes of those children eligible.