Our school Nursery is open every morning during the main school term time and is our Early Education offer. We have the same calendar dates as the main school.
We have a Nursery Teacher who is supported by other staff throughout the morning sessions.
Early Education through our Nursery is offered to all families for the main school term-time dates only, this equates to 38 weeks a year.
Early Education is offered within the national parameters –
· no session to be longer than 10 hours
· no minimum session length (subject to the requirements of registration on the Ofsted Early Years Register)
· not before 6.00am or after 8.00pm
· a maximum of two sites in a single day
Government funding is intended to cover the cost to deliver 15 or 30 hours a week of free, high quality, flexible childcare. It is not intended to cover the cost of meals, consumables, additional hours or additional services.
Early Education is offered to families 38 weeks of the year. The funded hours can be claimed (to the maximum available)
- Mon – 8:45 to 11:45 (3 hours)
- Tues –8:45 to 11:45 (3 hours)
- Wed – 8:45 to 11:45 (3 hours)
- Thur – 8:45 to 11:45 (3 hours)
- Fri – 8:45 to 11:45 (3 hours)
We do not have afternoon sessions
We will work with parents to ensure that as far as possible the hours/sessions that can be taken as free provision are convenient for parents’ working hours. In addition, we aim to identify all children who may be eligible to meet Early Years Pupil Premium support. We will use this and any other locally available funding source to support or improve outcomes for these children.
Admission to Nursery
If you are interested in applying for a place in our Nursery, you need to get in touch with Mrs Bird or Mrs Coe in the main school office. Either pop in to speak with them or call them on 01493 445117.
We do not have a specific Admissions policy for nursery but should we be over-subscribed our criteria for offering places would be the same as for our Reception class detailed in our Admissions Policy.
For parents of a child with a Special Educational Need, please refer to our SEND Policy for further information to help you decide on the right setting for your child.
The Admission Policy is issued to all families as part of the registration process. It is also available upon request. Parents do not need to pay a deposit to secure a place at this Nursery. No top-up fees or registration fees are required and there are no financial charges to parents for a place in this Nursery.
We will need some information from you in order to process your application. Please see below:
- you will need to provide documentation that confirms your child’s date of birth. We do not keep a copy of this but do need to physically see this.
- on a termly basis, all parents are required to complete and return an Early Education Funding form. If these are not completed and returned, we are unable to claim funding for your child’s place in the Nursery.
In addition, we aim to identify all children who may be eligible to meet Early Years Pupil Premium support. We will use this and any other locally available funding source to support or improve outcomes for these children.
Our complaints policy is issued to all families as part of the registration process. It is also available upon request or via this website.